Salman Rashid

Travel writer, Fellow of Royal Geographical Society

Ongoing Odyssey

Bookmark and Share

Odysseus was a very simply choice.

Odysseus travelled, either driven by storms or by his will to discover strange and wonderful lands where he met all sorts of people. Though I never met a Cyclops, I too have travelled to wonderful places across the length and breadth of Pakistan.

The Odyssey lasted twenty years, mine is still ongoing – though it is not in one stretch and there is no danger of returning home and not being recognized by anyone.

It was Odysseus’ spirit of adventure that made me adopt him name.

The choice of name Odysseus was also the irrepressible urge to see my world. Odysseus had it, and I follow suit.

Labels: , ,

posted by Salman Rashid @ 22:00,

4 Comments:

At 29 August 2017 at 16:40, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Admiring the commitment you put into your website and in depth information you offer.

It's awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same out of date rehashed information. Fantastic read!
I've saved your site and I'm adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.

 
At 22 December 2017 at 17:14, Anonymous Kacper said...

Great ! Nice post

 
At 26 December 2017 at 22:39, Anonymous Maja said...

Very nice post. I like this approach. I really like traveling

 
At 28 December 2017 at 11:50, Blogger Salman Rashid said...

Thank you, Maja

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




My Books

Deosai: Land of the Gaint - New

The Apricot Road to Yarkand


Jhelum: City of the Vitasta

Sea Monsters and the Sun God: Travels in Pakistan

Salt Range and Potohar Plateau

Prisoner on a Bus: Travel Through Pakistan

Between Two Burrs on the Map: Travels in Northern Pakistan

Gujranwala: The Glory That Was

Riders on the Wind

Books at Sang-e-Meel

Books of Days