Salman Rashid

Travel writer, Fellow of Royal Geographical Society

Connection between travel writing and photography

Bookmark and Share

The connection between writing and photography is two-fold. I take photographs to augment and reinforce the diary I write on my travels. Both serve the purpose of preserving memory. As time passes, one tends to lose the details of events and places. The diary reminds me how the event unfolded and the image connects the event to the place. Finally, the image compliments my write-up and takes distant places into the homes of readers, whatever few there may be. Some of the images are uploaded on this blog as well.

Labels:

posted by Salman Rashid @ 14:18,

2 Comments:

At 23 March 2013 at 18:24, Blogger Unknown said...

These few words by you has it's own meaning....Thank you for sharing and your posts always have made me learn more about Pakistan.

 
At 30 March 2015 at 09:29, Anonymous Salman Rashid said...

Thank you, Sanam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




My Books

Deosai: Land of the Gaint - New

The Apricot Road to Yarkand


Jhelum: City of the Vitasta

Sea Monsters and the Sun God: Travels in Pakistan

Salt Range and Potohar Plateau

Prisoner on a Bus: Travel Through Pakistan

Between Two Burrs on the Map: Travels in Northern Pakistan

Gujranwala: The Glory That Was

Riders on the Wind

Books at Sang-e-Meel

Books of Days